No-Gi Brazilian Ju Jitsu and Beach Fun Summer Camp
Times and Location
Monday – Friday 9:30am to 2:30pm Ages 7-14
Drop off: El Toro Mallorca BJJ Studio Pick up: El Toro Mallorca BJJ Studio
Max occupancy per camp: 12 students.
No-Gi camp: Students train in bjj/surf rash guard and board shorts suitable for the remainder of the day.
9:30am to 11:00am – Mallorca BJJ Studio Ju Jitsu technique class (including technique, exercises, BJJ games, word of the day study) – Intro to NO-GI BJJ (the other kind of BJJ)
10.30am - 12.00pm - Park in El Toro – zip line, team games, free time. Forest walk to view point El Toro spit, walk to Cale El Toro. Cliff jumping (safe area no higher than 3 metres) snorkelling and paddle boarding. .
12.00pm – 2pm - Port Adriano beach for lunch, games (volleyball, boules, paddle boarding, swimming ect)
What is the ‘word of the day’ and why is it important?
The word of the day is discussing a word and its meaning in depth throughout the day and learning its Spanish translation. Words like integrity, honour, reputation, truth, confidence, kindness, giving, pride, value, respect and character. These are complex words but let’s plant the seeds!
- BJJ training and techniques in a safe, professional environment by head instructor Joe Notebaert + 1 other assistant instructor for the full duration of each day.
- Water to add to water bottles, (extra water bottles if they forget theirs), lunch and snacks. (please let us know about special meal needs and any allergies)
- Sun cream – Well insure they apply this before going into the sun.
- Beach Umbrellas
- Ice Cream at Frapole
What do the students need to bring. ?
- Breakfast in their tummy, 500ml of water in their tummy, and to be well rested! Very important they are hydrated.
- Small back pack for them to carry their things throughout the day’s journey.
- Team Uniform –They need to arrive at the studio each morning dressed in the team uniform. You’ll need to purchase the UV sunlight protective BJJ/surf shirt (with Mallorca BJJ logos) , hat and shorts from me, arrive early Monday to try on the different sizes. As for footwear you’ll need to buy direct from Decathlon see image bellow. Please buy those ASAP so kids can break them in. No blisters!
- Small to medium size beach towel that fits in back pack.
- Water bottle - Well have extra water to keep their bottle topped up throughout the day.
-Requirement *** An ability to prove beforehand to swim. I need to see prospective camp attendees swim one full length (the BIC pool) for entry into the camp or meet at Port Adriano beach on any Saturday upcoming by appointment for an ability to swim verification (approx. 25 meter swim test) . Please contact me to make arrangements for this test. Or, supply applicable swimming certificate.
Costs: Bookable per week Monday – Friday – discounts apply
1st week is the week commencing Monday July 2nd.
8th and last week commencing Monday Aug 27th.
€250 – 1 week
(Sibling discount 10% off total)
Uniform – The summer camp uniform consisting of the UV Surf/BJJ shirt and shots can be purchased at Decathlon for about €8. Any hat is acceptable. Also, reef shoes or sandals pictured make the best footwear. See image. Something with good stability, easy to take on and off, and still get wet.
Apologies for poor penmanship on the map! Best I could do with Microsoft paint
To book please go to the Mallorca BJJ facebook and search under events. Each week has it's own facebook event so if you are interested just hit the "interested" button. Or, the "going" button. Pay on the day. https://www.facebook.com/Mallorca-BJJ-180717739227575/?ref=settings