No-Gi Brazilian Ju Jitsu and adventure summer camp 2019
Times and Location
Monday – Friday 9:30am to 2:30pm (add-on to 2:30- 4:30pm available) Ages 7-14
Drop off: El Toro Mallorca BJJ Studio Pick up: El Toro Mallorca BJJ Studio
Max occupancy per camp: 12 students.
No-Gi camp: Students train in bjj/surf rash guard and board shorts suitable for the remainder of the day. See uniform requirement
9:30am to 11:30am – Mallorca BJJ Studio Ju Jitsu technique class (including technique, exercises, BJJ games, word of the day study) – Intro to NO-GI BJJ (the other kind of BJJ)
11:30:pm – 2pm - Port Adriano beach for lunch, games (climbing, paddle boarding, cliff jumping swimming)
2:10pm - walk back up to Studio for Ice cream and pick up.
2:30- Normal Pick up
2:30-4:30 - 2 hour extension arts club and chill out time, bean bags and cushions if a nap is needed.
- BJJ training and techniques in a safe, professional environment by head instructor Joe Notebaert + 1 or 2 other assistant instructors for the full duration of each day with activities.
- Lunch , Ice cream at Frapole, and water to add to their own water bottles.
- Sun cream – Well insure they apply this before going into the sun.
- Beach Umbrellas, beach blankets
What do the students need to bring?
- Breakfast in their tummy, 500ml of water in their tummy, and to be well rested! Very important they are hydrated on arrival it’s going to be a full on day.
- Small back pack with water bottle, towel or anything else they may want at the beach.
- Team Uniform –They need to arrive at the studio each morning dressed in the team uniform. You’ll need to purchase the UV sunlight protective BJJ/surf shirt from Decathlon (see photo) and the shorts. The rash guard and shorts can be used for both BJJ and swimming so no need for a change of clothes. Reef shoes and hat required as well.
An ability to prove beforehand to swim. I need to see prospective camp attendees swim one full length (the BIC pool) for entry into the camp or meet at Port Adriano beach on any Saturday upcoming by appointment for an ability to swim verification (approx. 25 meter swim test) . Please contact me to make arrangements for this test. Or, supply applicable swimming certificate. ***ALL THE AQUA SPORTS THEY WEAR NO LIFE JACKET. GOOD ABILITY TO SWIM IS A MUST. YOU WILL BE SIGNING A FORM THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THESE RISKS. ****
Available Weeks :
Bookable per week Monday through Friday – up to 9 weeks available but we’ll likely not run all 9 weeks. It will be based on advanced enrollment. Please email email@example.com to let us know which weeks could work for you now so we can start to prioritize weeks. . The camps are booked in 1 week slots, so you can book a week here and week there it’s up to you. You can also request the add on feature to 4:30pm pick up.
Week 1 - Monday 1st of July - 5 days Week 6- Monday 5th of Aug - 5 days
Week 2 - Monday 8th of July - 5 days Week 7- Monday 12th of Aug -5 Days
Week 3 - Monday 15th of July - 5 days Week 8- Monday 19th of Aug - 5 days
Week 4 - Monday 22nd of July -5 days Week 9 - Monday 26th of Aug - 5 days
Week 5 - Monday 29 of July - 5 days
The summer camp is booked on a per week basis. Daily camps are possible but cannot be confirmed until 48 hours before the start of each camp once classes numbers are assessed. If a daily is granted it will be €75 for the day + €25 for add on.
€250 – 1 week 9:30am to 2:30pm
€17.50 - extra 2 hour arts and chill out club - 2:30- 4:30 pm
Uniform – The summer camp uniform consisting of the UV Surf/BJJ shirt and shots can be purchased at Decathlon for about €8. Any hat is acceptable. Also, reef shoes. Reef shoes as pictured are great for the whole day whether they are walking, hiking, or swimming. The idea is the uniform can stay on all day no changing needed. Rash guard shirt must be that color.
Check out our Youtube video from last years camp.
You can buy all of these items at Decathlon for under €15 total. Shirt and shorts required but they can use any hat. Shirt is designed for BJJ and protection from the sun.
To book please go to the Mallorca BJJ facebook and search under events. Each week has it's own facebook event so if you are interested just hit the "interested" button. Or, the "going" button. Pay on the day. https://www.facebook.com/Mallorca-BJJ-180717739227575/?ref=settings